Potato Moussaka- what is so special about it?
Potato moussaka is a delicious and healthy meal and it is a meal that is traditionally prepared in Greece, Turkey, North Africa and the Middle East. There are many varieties of this dish, and now I will write the way I like very much. It is easy to make so you can prepare it with no fear that you will make a mistake. Also, it is healthy and cheap. Even those who have a little cooking experience will be able to prepare it from scratch, and one serving has about 450 calories, which should be a good reason for trying to make this dish.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
How to make potato moussaka, a delicious and healthy meal
1 ½ lb. potatoes
1 lb. ground beef
1 big onion
One glass of milk
Spices by choice
3 tbsp. oil
Directions for moussaka, a delicious and healthy meal :
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cut the onion to small pieces and pour it into heated oil. Stir it firmly so it doesn’t burn. Put grounded meat and fry it until it becomes light brown; it takes about 7-9 minutes, and you mut be careful not to burn it.
- Turn off the heat and add salt, pepper.After that, add red grounded paprika and any other spice of your choice. It will be very tasty if you put a little bit of nutmeg.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them very thin.
- The meal will not stick to the pan it while baking if you put some oil. Use round casserole that has 12 inches in diameter and on the bottom of the casserole put a layer of sliced potatoes and then a layer of meat. Repeat until you spend all the ingredients.
- When the oven is heated to 400⁰ F, put the casserole in it and bake the dish for about 40 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and pour the mixture of eggs and milk over the dish. Put it back to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
You can serve this tasty dish with salad by choice, and it is very healthy to use celery sticks and cherry tomatoes, and put some cheese on the side.
If you have a chance, do not miss to taste potato moussaka, a delicious and healthy meal, and it will be even tastier when you preapare it yourself.
See more on
Enjoy cooking with CookingWizz!